Developing the Next Generation of Fertilizer Production with a World Class Engineering Team
Chief Projects and Operations Officer
Renato has a career of 47+ years of experience in the fertilizer (ammonia and urea) and petrochemicals (polypropylene and methanol) industry. He did his Master of Science at The University of Alberta in Edmonton after which he joined Nova Chemicals in Calgary, and Nexen in Fort McMurray.
He also started and operated ammonia and urea plants in Brunei (BFI), USA (US Methanol), Oman (OMC), Saudi Arabia (Ma’aden), Qatar (QAFCO) and Brazil (Petrobras Fertilizers).
Renato is fascinated by ideas. He is able to find connections within seemingly disparate phenomena. He has a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In relationship building he is intrigued with the unique quality of each person and has a gift for figuring out how different people can work together productively. He focuses on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence to transform something strong into something superb. He is an arranger capable of organizing but also having the flexibility that compliments this ability. He likes to determine how all of the pieces and resources can be arranged for maximum productivity.
Project Controls Manager
Marjory Toidy is a highly experienced Project Services and HR Professional with 40+ years of expertise in Project Management, HR strategy, recruitment, and compensation management. She excels in implementing effective HR strategies, possesses Management of Excellence through People certification, and is skilled in project management. Marjory’s core competencies include HR department startup, policy development, team management, and project oversight. She has made significant contributions to organizations like Brunei Fertilizer Industries, Wood (Amec Foster Wheeler), Brunei Methanol Company and SKS Wood for Brunei Shell Petroleum demonstrating strong leadership and versatile skills.
Hamilton Chagas Perez Filho
Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer
With a degree in mechanical engineering and over four decades of experience in the petrochemical industry, Hamilton has worked on three different continents, in various capacities. His engineering, erection, commissioning, and maintenance experience in large scale projects such as crude oil refining, gives him a unique skill set, bringing a deep understanding of large scale production facility design and development.
- 40 plus years of experience in petrochemical industries
- Started his career with Fertilizer Complex, Brazil
- Has worked in a wide range of engineering, erection, commissioning, and maintenance in petrochemical facilities, including a pulp mill and crude oil refinery
- Has worked internationally in Germany, US, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Finland, and Sweden
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Specialized in equipment maintenance engineering (Petrobras)
- Teacher and instructor of Project Management courses
- Most recent position Senior Consultant for petrochemical and oil & gas equipment
- A strong vision of Sustainability, Environment, and Safety
- Fosters teamwork and harmonious working relations.
- A focus on leadership through listening and effective communication
Wilton Lopes dos Santos
Senior Principal Process Engineer
As a Process Engineer, Wilton has over 30 years of experience in ammonia and urea plant design and operation including projects in Canada, Brazil and Germany. His appreciation for Western Canada, gives him a unique understanding of agriculture and the importance of farmers taking the leadership in developing the next generation of fertilizer production.
- 30 years of experience in ammonia and urea plant design and operation
- Started his career with Ammonia, Urea, Methanol, and Sulphur Petrobras company, Brazil
- Developed various conceptual projects for biodiesel, biomethane, green methanol, and pyrolysis of waste materials
- Led Process Engineering for hydrogen production EPC project at refinery in Alberta, Canada
- Led Commissioning for various EPC projects in pulp facilities
- Worked in Brazil, Canada and Germany
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering and MSc in Bioenergy
- Passionate about process safety, environment, and training and developing a younger generation
- Leads through a focus on listening and effective communication
Senior Principal Electrical and Instrument Specialist
Bringing over four decades of expertise to the petrochemical, gas, and oil industries, Jerome has navigated a rich career across continents. His journey began in India, where he ventured into the engineering realm with a fertilizer company, followed by various roles over the years encompassing engineering, erection, commissioning, and maintenance within petrochemical facilities.
- 40 years of diverse experience across Petrochemical, Gas, and Oil Industries
- Commenced career with a Fertilizer Company in India
- Extensive involvement in Engineering, Erection, Commissioning, and Maintenance in Petrochemical facilities
- Worked across India, Dubai, Syria, Algeria, Bahrain, and the Sultanate of Oman
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Served as an Engineering and Maintenance Manager at Oman Methanol Company, Sultanate of Oman
- Passionate advocate for Process Safety, Environment, Community Care, and Training & Development
- Conceptualized “Impala Syndrome,” a novel approach to Out of Box Thinking, conducting sessions for college students
- Published a book compiling short stories
- Adept at flexibility, optimism, active listening, and effective communication